Friday, May 8, 2009

Questionable Laws.....


This one I am sure will bring up some debate, wait, nevermind, I don't think anyone comments on my blog. Well, if anyone did this would surely bring up some debate. Why do we spend so much time and money trying to force people to live a certain "healthier" way? We spend so much money enforcing laws that really have little or no impact on the majority of the citizens of the united states. Here are a few examples... Motorcycle helmets. Why are they even considered law worthy? it isn't like it is a danger to anyone else, in fact, it could be argued that you are more of a danger to me with one on. I would be willing to guess if you hit my windshield with a helmet you are more likely to go through it and hurt me than if you didn't have one on. Now you are probably saying whoa way out of bounds but let me tell you this. I am a motorcycle rider and I would never ride without a helmet. It would scare the crap out of me. But that doesn't mean I need a law to tell me that. Come on, if there is some moron that wants to ride without one let him. WHO CARES. How much money did it cost to pass the law, make sure it would be legal (lawyer fees) enforce it (police officers time) and the paper it is printed on. Another one is Prostitution. This is controversial because of my christian beliefs but I am still baffled by the opinion we need to legally eliminate this. Think about it, people, some from bars, some from colleges are complete strangers having sex. What is the difference between that (where some are impaired due to alcohol and may not even have consented under different circumstances) and the other (which they are both of sound judgement and consenting adults)? Not only that but one is earning a living at the same time. Look at high school and college, promiscuity is all over the place. Why not let someone earn some money too? We spend so much money on stings/stakeouts and waste law enforcement resources on this when there are far more serious crimes that we could be stopping. I don't care if my neighbor is a horny bastard that needs to go to a hooker because his wife doesn't give it to him enough. Hell, let him pay for it and support another person. It is his own problem between himself and his family and not something I should have to pay to stop with my taxes. I will pray for him to see the correct action/path to take but I say let me keep my money. I am tired of this country wasting money on stupid people. If they want to risk sickness and death or loss of a family let them. If the guy riding the motorcycle wants to risk splattering his brain matter across the highway, LET HIM. Take that same tax money and put it to good use like cancer research or something. Darwin's point of view does work for me in some cases... Anyway, in the words of Forest Gump "And that's all I have to say about that."

1 comment:

  1. the only reason why victimless crimes and laws are in place is because the government puts themselves in as the safety net. Since they are paying for burned out druggies, sick whores, and emergency responders for Motorcyclist, they say they get to have a say in how you live. But you know it is all about power and not about keeping people safe. Step 1, put a safety net in place. Step 2, the real goal, legislate living as it affects step 1. First we have to get rid of the safety net, then we get rid of the stupid laws.

    ReplyDelete